updated canada coronavirus outbreak statistics and updates
|Country and City||Total Cases||Deaths||Recovered|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||272||3||268|
|Prince Edward Island||58||0||57|
Canada is in a critical but stable situation compared to the USA. Ontario, British Columbia and Quebec cases are rising everyday which is red indicator. The Coronavirus outbreak could spread sharply in the next few weeks. Medical supplies are not widely available and the government is working on securing them for Canadian hospitals and medical staff.
The next few weeks will decide where Canada stands at, COVID-19 virus has presented many challenges to Canada as every other country and the government had to step in due to many jobs loses in each many sectors. Many workers have already applied to the employee insurance programs if they were eligible and the government is planning on introducing a new system called the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) for none EI eligible workers, it is said that the program will be released in April. for more info about the program, please visit:
Canada TOP STORIES news INCLUDING CORONAVIRUS
- Trump expected to nominate Judge Amy Coney Barrett to U.S. Supreme Court Saturday
Trump said Friday he had made up his mind and it was ``very exciting,'' without giving away the name, aiming to maintain some suspense around his personal announcement.
- Two Okanagan families left in financial hole after contractor allegedly skips town
"That's where he's abandoned it basically, we paid him approximately half of the money for the pool."
- City of Kelowna cancels annual property tax sale, says all taxes paid up
The city says every year it is required to host a tax sale involving properties that have not been paid for three years.
- Winterization efforts underway at Edmonton’s Camp Pekiwewin
The change in season is already on the radar for those living in an encampment in the Edmonton community of Rossdale.
- Explosive racist rant on Calgary CTrain captured on video
A troubling racist tirade was caught on camera inside a Calgary CTrain. Many community leaders say these encounters have amplified and they are calling for action.
- RCMP charge Ontario man with falsely claiming involvement in terrorism
The RCMP has arrested and charged an Ontario man with falsely claiming to have committed terrorist acts.
- Trump expected to announce conservative Barrett for court
U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to announce Saturday that he is nominating Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court as he aims to put a historic conservative stamp on the high court just weeks before the election.
- WestJet employees on emergency benefits told payments will be cut by more than 50 per cent
WestJet Airlines Ltd. is warning furloughed workers who receive the federal wage subsidy they will see their pay cut by up to 53 per cent starting Sunday.
- $250,000 reward for information in Sea to Sky Gondola investigation
Nearly two weeks after the cables on the Sea to Sky Gondola in Squamish, B.C., were cut for a second time, the company announced it's offering a massive reward for information in the investigation.
- Don't have symptoms, aren't high-risk but want a COVID-19 test anyway? Step aside, health officials say
Ontario rolled back its previous declaration that anyone who wants a test can get one.